Friday, May 26, 2017

American Civil War CSA Army 10mm

I finished another project, which is the 10mm Pendraken Miniatures Confederate States force for the American Civil War. The force will be primarily used for Bloody Big Battles, though it can of course be used for other rules as well (the excellent Altar of Freedom systems for example, and perhaps Longstreet with its role-playing elements). The flags are mix of my own works and a flag sheet kindly given to me by Stone Mountain Miniatures (who have an excellent ACW 15mm  range).

This army is a matched pair with my previously completed USA army for the same war. I am almost done with my 19th Century Collections. I have a Ottoman 1877,1897, 1912 Army with two matched pairs for it, Greeks 1897, and Russians 1877/8. I now have a ACW matched pair. The final army I will make, is the army I always wanted, a 1866 Austrian Army. After that time to move on to other periods or projects.

The army was painted to a basic war-gaming level. But I am satisfied with how it came out. Here are some, problematic quality, photos.


The grey wall.


The grey wave.

Lots of earthen colors.help make the battle-flags stand out.

The cavalry

Another view of the chraging figures (that is not a Norwegian flag,but an attempt by me to do one of the flags of the Army of Tennessee).

The whole force. About 53 infantry bases, 3 guns, 3 generals, 6 cavalry bases

The Blue and the Grey!






3 comments:

Steve J. said...

Nice work and look forward to seeing some AARs featuring these chaps:)

Halil Onur Buyuran said...

Way to go!

Halil Onur Buyuran said...

Way to go!